Branded Design Intern
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
BDG is seeking a Branded Design Intern to assist the Art Directors and Designers on the BDG Studios team. BDG Studios is a full-service creative agency that leverages the BDG editorial vision, audience, and scale to create 360-degree content programs for brand partners.
As an intern, you'll get a peek at the ins and outs of branded content in verticals like fashion, wellness, beauty, entertainment, automotive, food, and more. You should be ready to help with a wide variety of tasks, whether you're assisting a designer with article and social layouts, designing collages, resizing sourcing images, or maintaining the creative roster. Additionally, you should have an interest in social media and be ready to lend your opinion on what’s currently trending across platforms. In your cover letter, please tell us about a recent piece of branded content you’ve seen and liked, and why it resonated with you. (Ex: Do you love the imagery? The styling? The tone of voice? What makes it unique? Why does it work for its environment, whether you saw it on Instagram, TikTok, or on an O&O website?)
Additionally, please provide your portfolio or website for review. BDG’s 2023 Internship Program is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience at one of the fastest growing digital media companies today. Our immersive program gives each intern the chance to explore and develop their interests through executive mentorship, career training, professional development seminars and workshops, collaborative projects, off-site events, photoshoots and more.
This is a paid, part-time opportunity beginning June 12, 2023 and runs through September 8, 2023. Candidates should be available to work up to 28 hours per week, and will be given the choice to work either remotely or from BDG’s New York City HQ office near Madison Square Park, depending on your role.
- Assist Designers in larger scale projects
- Design collages used for mocks and layouts
- Resizing images
- Source stock images
- Work with the marketing team to help build out brand materials
- Maintain updates needed for BDG.com
- Potential opportunity to assist at photoshoots
- Proficient in Adobe suite
- Availability at least 3 days per week to work remotely
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to successfully multitask and be detail-oriented
- Social media savviness — have a strong grasp on what kind of content works on various platforms and also an awareness of key influential talent
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- An avid interest in learning about branded content
- An enthusiasm for BDG’s mission and the energy to work at a fast-paced company
- A flexible, ambitious mind
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.
See more open positions at Fatherly
Something looks off?