Senior Strategist, Social Media, Inverse
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a full-time Senior Social Media Strategist to join our Lifestyle team, working specifically on Inverse, a digital publication that covers the worlds of entertainment, gaming, tech, science, and innovation — and all the fascinating ways those worlds collide.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Social Media Strategist will work closely with Inverse’s Social Media Manager as well as its editorial team, and help manage Inverse’s social media strategy across various platforms — including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok. Other responsibilities will include regular data analysis, creative ideation and execution on social franchises/series, original content creation, and helping to further develop Inverse’s identity on social media.
Applicants should have a passion for tech & entertainment content, and be up-to-speed on current trends. The candidate should be fluent in all major social platforms (specifically Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok); and possess strong communication skills. A great work ethic, ability to take initiative and a deep understanding of Inverse’s voice is a must.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between BDG Media, Inc. and the Writers Guild of America East.
- Manage day-to-day posting for Inverse on all social platforms
- Help develop Inverse’s social strategy
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Help manage strategy and execution of Inverse’s digital issues
- Source imagery and produce original content for TikTok, Reels, and IG stories
- Use analytics tools to track growth across social channels and inform overall strategy
- 2+ years experience working in social media, specifically for a digital publisher
- Ability to write snappy, smart social copy
- Thorough understanding of Inverse’s voice and coverage areas
- Ability to identify trending topics, emerging trends, and on-brand influencers
- Firm knowledge of social analytics tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to take direction and alter workflow with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.