Legal Counsel, Regulatory (US)
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven company powering the expansion of financial services and wealth creation globally. We build critical financial infrastructure that allows consumer-facing companies to offer engaging investing experiences to their customers in a frictionless way. We host advanced investing capabilities ranging from ESG investing to multi-currency trading across 60 global markets. We are a team of financial empowerment enthusiasts that have come together from various industries including tech, banking, finance, and law.
The company closed its Series A and we are positioned to rapidly scale. Come join an exciting opportunity to make a lasting impact!
This role serves to provide regulatory legal leadership in analyzing legal scenarios and developing strategies to mitigate legal risk. This role will be instrumental in efforts to handle regulatory matters and specialized agreements. The ability to be organized, versatile and execute under timely deadlines in a fast-scaling startup environment is crucial.
Once here you will
- Serve as a key representative in Atomic’s legal conversations with external counsel and partner and vendor legal counter-parties
- Provide legal support cross-functionally to engineering, product, partnerships, and administrative team members
- Updating our commercial contracts to match our regulatory requirements
- Develop a process to screen and select external legal counsel, especially in regional expansionary initiatives
- Help to review, control and negotiate legal expenses with outside firms
- Develop and continually improve contract and documentary templates
- Assist in the due diligence and legal exercises of fundraising, partnerships and vendor processes
- Help contemplate strategy around Atomic’s intellectual property and work to establish such property rights
- Help manage and maintain the regular filings of statutory corporate records required for various jurisdictions
- Assist with firm training on topics related to legal and compliance
- Manage the record maintenance of critical and confidential files and documents
- 8+ years experience at a top tier law firm, preferably including in-house FinTech SaaS experience
- Admitted to a State Bar, preferably CA and/or NY
- Regulatory expert within wealth management and investing space
- Strong attention to detail and organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability working on multiple initiatives on tight deadlines
- Interacted with various aspects of a company’s leadership including those on the business, engineering and legal sides
- Ability to summarily clarify legal documentation and situations to non-legal counterparts for assessment and decision-making
- FinTech experience in the regulated investment management or trading sector
- Competitive compensation package with equity upside
- Medical, vision and dental benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Ability for hybrid/remote arrangement depending on location
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $140,000 to $190,000 + equity + benefits
Atomic is an equal opportunity employer that values the benefits of diversity and prohibits discrimination and harassment All employment decisions at Atomic are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, religion or belief, stature, gender or sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Atomic will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.