Digital Media Sales Planner
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2022
Update: This job is currently open for pipelining purposes. That said, we encourage you to still apply to this position here. If we have additional openings within our Sales Planning team, we will be in touch!
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Sales Planner to join our team. Candidates must be organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter, looking to leverage their analytical and problem-solving abilities in a creative environment. This is an analytical yet creative position which supports the Sales teams and their clients. You'll help develop compelling, customized proposals to refine how we position our display and social products and help achieve our revenue objectives.
This is an ideal role for anyone looking to continue breaking into the business side of interactive media and is eager to join an exuberant, growing and energetic team.
- Strategize and develop media plans from inception to completion, understanding the role of inventory in addition to the KPIs and metrics behind our product offering
- Work with cross-functional teams to align the client’s objectives with our offerings across all categories. This role is responsible for building out the media strategy of a proposal to meet the client's KPIs as well as manage the profit margin of the proposal.
- Manage client requests throughout the RFP process, inclusive of: plan changes, budget revisions, distribution asks, marketplace and industry information, specs, timeline development, etc.
- Ideate new, never-been-done-before ways for advertisers to connect with our readers through strategic media placements aligned to the brand and/or flight
- Utilize measurement tools to add relevant, trustworthy data to presentations and proposals
- Create detailed project work orders for each signed advertising insertion order, handing the presale media over to the ad operations and account management teams to execute
- Work with our third party system to set-up pre-campaign trafficking and internal tracking
- Provide POVs on various media topics and provide a creative and strategic approach to the creation of media plans
- Manage interdepartmental workflow to ensure that all elements are handled according to process and schedule
- Own digital media planning for partners across the tech, entertainment, consumer electronics, auto, and finance verticals and beyond, identifying and recommending media and targeting as needed
- 1-2+ years of digital media planning or buying experience is a must
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Experience with different cost pricing methodology across display and social
- Experience developing and executing brand campaigns across digital advertising
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with research tools such as: Google Analytics, comScore, Quantcast, and an Operations Management System (OMS) such as: Operative One, Boostr
- Availability to work EST hours
- Industry knowledge of Fashion / Retail / Luxury / Beauty is a plus
- Salary Range: $65,000 - $68,000
- Rigor: Excited to learn about the company, the RFP process and media strategy
- Coachability: Receptive to constructive feedback and works to make improvements
- Vision/Strategy: Understands how contributions and actions impact the broader team
- Leadership: Makes productive contributions to team culture and is proactive to lend a helping hand
- Influence: Works to display high levels of professional and personal maturity
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.
See more open positions at Fatherly
Something looks off?