Strategic Finance Manager
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 4, 2023
Move money. Make money. Finix processes billions of dollars every year for leading SaaS, marketplace, and e-commerce platforms. With one developer-friendly API, Finix helps companies accept payments, manage payouts, and onboard merchants—everything you need to enable payment processing, and grow revenue.
Finix has raised over $100M from American Express Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Visa, and others.
About the role:
Finix is looking for a dynamic and motivated Strategic Finance Manager to join our team. As a member of the Finance and Strategy Team, this role will be responsible for owning corporate budgeting and forecasting, managing financial reporting and planning, and performing in-depth analysis to support Finix’s financial decisions and strategy. This individual will partner closely with leaders across the company and provide value by leveraging their financial expertise to inform Finix’s overall strategy.
This hybrid role entails working in the office 4 days per week in our San Francisco HQ.
- Own the budgeting and forecasting process by managing the company-wide financial model, tracking and recalibrating company spending, and providing reporting and ad-hoc analysis to senior leaders.
- Manage the company-wide headcount plan in partnership with functional leaders, people operations, and the accounting team to manage requests and understand the impact on the company budget.
- Build robust financial models to support strategic planning, facilitate decision-making, and provide recommendations and analysis to management.
- Analyze internal KPIs and consolidated financials, communicate performance to key stakeholders, highlight trends and changes, and conduct deep dives when observing abnormalities.
- Identify, create, and drive process improvements and scale across business stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator across multiple functions and management levels.
- Proactive, independent, and self-motivated, with the initiative to research information, solve problems and get things done.
- Capable of using sound judgment and unquestionable integrity when managing confidential information.
- Emotionally intelligent with the ability to build strong professional partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or a quantitative subject.
- 4-7 years of combined experience including time at an investment bank, private equity, venture capital, corporate finance, or FP&A team (ideally in a high-growth technology company).
- Expert knowledge of financial statement analysis, corporate finance concepts, and reporting techniques
- Ability to understand complex business drivers, produce high-quality analytics, and communicate insights effectively to all levels of management.
- Prior payments/fintech experience is a plus, but not required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.
Role: Strategic Finance Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Base Salary Range: $127,500/yr to $172,500/yr + equity + benefits
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries at our headquarters in San Francisco, California. Individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
See more open positions at Finix
Something looks off?