San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Move money. Make money. Finix processes billions of dollars every year for leading SaaS, marketplace, and e-commerce platforms. With one developer-friendly API, Finix helps companies accept payments, manage payouts, and onboard merchants—everything you need to enable payment processing, and grow revenue.
Finix has raised over $100M from American Express Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Visa, and others.
We are looking for a dynamic and pragmatic attorney to join our growing legal team. As Commercial Counsel, you will be a strategic partner to the Deputy General Counsel and the Revenue team.
This role is located in our San Francisco Office.
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial contracts, including NDAs, MSAs, vendor/supplier contracts, consulting agreements, and licensing agreements.
- Create templates and playbooks to streamline legal-sales collaboration and raise awareness on relevant topics such as the contracting process, data privacy, and legal compliance.
- Serve as the primary legal point of contact for our revenue team, including sales, partnerships, and client success.
- Support the Deputy General Counsel on special projects given your interest areas and expertise.
- Develop a deep understanding of Finix’s products and the payments landscape in which Finix operates.
- Identify, design, and lead initiatives where efficiencies can be gained through technology implementation and automation, or process improvement.
- 3–7 years of relevant legal experience, including prior in-house and/or law firm experience.
- JD degree from an accredited law school and current member in good standing with a US state bar.
- Experience with fintech, privacy, data security, employment and intellectual property law is preferred, but not required.
- You are process- and detail-oriented and enjoy the responsibility that comes with a regulated, innovative, and fast-paced environment.
- You thrive at building relationships and delivering complex information in an understandable way.
- Prior experience managing tight deadlines from multiple business stakeholders.
- Excellent judgment, communication, and organizational skills.
Finix is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.
Role: Commercial Counsel
Location: San Francisco, CA
Base Salary Range: $125,000/yr - $155,000/yr + equity + benefits
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries at our headquarters in San Francisco, California. Individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.