Customer & Technical Support Specialist
IT, Customer Service
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
As the founding support team hire at Slang, you’ll become the company’s product expert in both a technical and customer capacity. You will pioneer new processes, mentor future team members, and share customer feedback with engineering, product, and account management teams to influence the product roadmap. Slang is dedicated to providing our customers with the best customer experience, and you will be an integral part of driving that experience.
- Manage multiple customer implementations for Slang customers through proactive and accountable project management.
- Build customers’ product setup while working cross-functionally with the Account Management team to help ensure a smooth Sales-to-Account Management handoff.
- Identify and help problem solve any challenges or roadblocks during the internal Slang implementation process.
- Act as a first responder to product and technical escalations from Slang customers.
- Deliver a white-glove experience through voice and written interactions across chat, email and phone in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain customer support documentation, including FAQs, knowledge base articles, and standard operating procedures.
- Help maintain and update customer billing methods and invoices.
- 3+ years experience in customer service, technical support, or software support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proactive mindset, constantly thinking outside the box to employ creative solutions where appropriate.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to project manage and handle multiple implementations simultaneously.
- Technical aptitude to understand software functionality and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
Healthcare fully compensated
Calling a business shouldn’t feel like a robot-hostage situation, where you’re forced to listen to horrible music and can't reach a human, while enduring a soulless voice uttering "I'm sorry I didn't quite get that" on repeat for eternity. (shudder) That’s why we started Slang.ai. We use the latest AI and audio wizardry to make transacting via voice so enjoyable it’s more human than human. By 2030, we will save businesses and consumers 1 billion minutes of precious time while transforming voice channels into the preferred mode of communication (it's faster and easier than text).
We have backgrounds building product at companies like Spotify, Buzzfeed, the New York Times, and OpenTable —shipping experiences that have reached hundreds of millions of users. Now, we’re using our backgrounds to start a new culture, one that puts product and human-centered design above all else while fostering constant learning and growth. Sound like something you’d like to be part of? Get on board.
Overachiever Fever. We’re overachievers (we don’t know any other way)
Learner Fervor. We take every opportunity to learn (especially when it’s hard)
Humility Ability. We approach each other with curiosity and openness (know-it-alls not welcome!)
SMB MVP. We’re an expert member of our customers’ teams (we earn their trust)