Staff Software Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Staff Level Engineer interested in being a founding member of a company in the AI space? Do you dream of being an indispensable and key strategic pillar of a company that raised money in the toughest market in history? Love leading projects, mentoring a team of mid-level to senior engineers, and contributing to strategic product and business goals? Want to make critical architecture, code architecture, infrastructure and tooling decisions that will form the foundation of a quickly growing team that is laser focused on shipping all day everyday? Then, put down Hacker News and come on over and apply!
- Design, develop, and implement AI models and tooling.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate AI solutions into products and services.
- Lead technical discussions and provide innovative solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide engineers, fostering a culture of learning and excellence.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in AI and machine learning, as well as tooling for developer experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in software development, in fast moving environments with a fair amount of uncertainty.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Kotlin, Scala, Typescript.
- Experience with AI tooling -- LLMOps, NLU, TTS, STT.
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and AI principles. Proven track record of leading and delivering complex projects.
- Experience in NLP/AI/LLMs.
- Publications in reputed journals or conferences.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven track record of high quality architectural decisions and leveling up teams of engineers.
Healthcare fully compensated
Calling a business shouldn’t feel like a robot-hostage situation, where you’re forced to listen to horrible music and can't reach a human, while enduring a soulless voice uttering "I'm sorry I didn't quite get that" on repeat for eternity. (shudder) That’s why we started Slang.ai. We use the latest AI and audio wizardry to make transacting via voice so enjoyable it’s more human than human. By 2030, we will save businesses and consumers 1 billion minutes of precious time while transforming voice channels into the preferred mode of communication (it's faster and easier than text).
We have backgrounds building product at companies like Spotify, Buzzfeed, the New York Times, and OpenTable —shipping experiences that have reached hundreds of millions of users. Now, we’re using our backgrounds to start a new culture, one that puts product and human-centered design above all else while fostering constant learning and growth. Sound like something you’d like to be part of? Get on board.
Overachiever Fever. We’re overachievers (we don’t know any other way)
Learner Fervor. We take every opportunity to learn (especially when it’s hard)
Humility Ability. We approach each other with curiosity and openness (know-it-alls not welcome!)
SMB MVP. We’re an expert member of our customers’ teams (we earn their trust)